Hummus Piadine with Cucumber and Feta Salad
With a healthful heaping of refreshing tomatoes, cucumbers, and Feta cheese, this crispy piadine is great for a light dinner or summer snack. Add Tribe Zesty Spice & Garlic Hummus for an added boost of flavor.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 4 tomatoes
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 4 (4-ounce) pizza dough rounds
- 16 ounces Tribe Zesty Spice & Garlic Hummus
- Coarse cornmeal, for sprinkling on baking sheets
- 3/4 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 3 medium garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- sea salt, preferable gray salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Feta cheese
1. Place 2 baking sheets in oven and preheat to 500 degrees F.
2. Peel cucumbers. Cut them in 1/2 to remove seeds and slice them widthwise into slices about 1/8-inch thick.
3. Core the tomatoes and dice into 1/2-inch pieces.
4. On a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll dough balls into a circle about 8 inches in diameter and about 1/8-inch thick. With a spoon divide the hummus evenly between the 4 dough rounds and spread thin to cover the entire surface.
5. Remove the baking sheets from oven and sprinkle evenly with cornmeal. Transfer the prepared dough rounds to the baking sheets and bake until slightly underdone (lightly browned but still pliable), about 8 to 12 minutes.
6. While the dough rounds are baking, toss together the cucumber slices, diced tomatoes, oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes, olive oil, and vinegar, season with gray salt and pepper to taste.
7. Let the baked dough cool slightly then top with the cucumber salad divided evenly among the 4 doughs. Crumble feta cheese over the top and serve open faced.