Summer Heirloom Tomatoes with Hummus and Herbs
Take advantage of the flavors of summer with this fresh, unique recipe that incorporates summer heirloom tomatoes with stuffed with herbs and Tribe Roasted Vegetable hummus.
- 8 slices country or peasant bread
- I clove garlic, peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 2-lb heirloom tomatoes, 4 med - large
- 1 tub Tribe Roasted Vegetable Hummus
- ½ cup torn basil
- ½ cup mixed herbs, roughly chopped (i.e. parsley, tarragon, chives, chervil)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- Turn on the grill or broiler. Lay the bread on a sheet pan and brush with olive oil.
- Grill the bread on both sides until crisp and golden. Rub each slice with the garlic clove.
- Slice the tomatoes ¼ “ thick, Spread the slices with hummus and layer with the basil onto the toasts.
- Drizzle with olive oil. lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- Serve immediately.